THERE ARE A LOT OF BOOT CAMPS AND CROSS-TRAINING CLASSES... WHY IS THIS ONE UNIQUE? The Runner's Edge of the Rockies Core Camp is a total body strength and balance workout targeted specifically for runners to lower their risk of injury and improve their race performance. Each workout will include exercises to strengthen the core and improve overall running form, and is appropriate for all fitness levels. These workouts will complement your weekly running routine and can be done in conjunction with your Runner's Edge daily training plan. You will be able to do Speedwork too, as this is not the typical "sprint 10 yards to this cone and then drop and give me 20 pushups" type boot camp that can increase the risk of overuse injuries for distance runners. These workouts are built FOR runners, BY runners!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE? Our Core Camp is for anyone who....
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
- ...wants an organized group workout, lead by an experienced instructor and marathoner
- ...wants to experience the effectiveness of a total body workout to improve running strength, speed and form, while decreasing the probability of injuries
- ...wants to enjoy a challenging workout in a group setting, focusing on core strength and proper form
- ...wants to incorporate the cross-training elements of Yoga, Pilates, Plyometrics and Calisthenics into their weekly routine
- ...wants to take their training to the next level!
- * Classes will be capped at 20 people per class, to ensure everyone gets the most value and can be instructed properly.
- * Classes will be held every Thursday morning, beginning at 5:30am & 6:30am, and each class will go for approx. 60 minutes.
- * Classes will be held at PUSH GYM, 38 E. 5th Ave., Denver, CO, 80203.
- * There will be 10-12 classes:
- --NEXT SESSION: Our next session of classes will be held during our Summer/Fall Training Session - Classes will begin on Thursday, June 28th!
- * Members will receive a "workout menu" that they will be encouraged to follow on their own 1-2 more times during the rest of the week.
- * Classes will be taught & directed by alumni member and Personal Trainer Melissa Levy.
- * Areas of specific need will be addressed on an individual basis, with customized and supplemental workout suggestions provided.
- * The price of the boot camp is $90 for all 10-12 classes for current Runner's Edge members.
- * Drop-in for individual workouts (for members only) is $20 per workout. You will need to E-mail Coach David to RSVP ahead of time to get the workout details. (Click
to RSVP for a drop-in boot camp workout!)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO EACH CLASS?
- * Water bottle
- * Towel
- * Cycling or weightlifting gloves (optional)
Interested in getting signed up? Become a member today!