Want to speed it up? Runner's Edge of the Rockies speedwork program is for you! Since our inception, participation in this program has lead to speed improvements along the lines of 8-10% (or more), as evidenced by the higher number of PR's and Boston Qualifying times in the group and a reduction in overuse injury and post-race recovery time. These workouts will absolutely improve half/full/ultra/tri performance through personal coaching with an emphasis on plyos, balance, stability, and injury prevention. Research has shown that regular track work alone can improve your race times by 4-6%.
WHO SHOULD DO SPEEDWORK? Our speedwork program is for anyone who wants to....
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
- ...improve running strength, speed, stability, cardiovascular capacity, endurance and efficiency
- ...wants hands-on coaching
- ...wants a challenging group workout in a variety of settings (hills, track, parks, trails)
- ...wants a variety of workouts (up-tempo, strides, fartleks, turnover work, plyos)
- * workouts are every Tuesday morning (5:30-6:00am start time) and evening (6:00-6:30pm start time) weather providing. During the Winter Session the workouts are at Noon, to ensure the best daylight, temperatures, and footing.
- * each workout will be approx. 90-110 minutes in length (depending on your target race, experience, etc)
- * locations will vary depending on the workout for that week and will be both on/off the track. Most of the locations are central (Wash Park, Cheeseman Park, City Park, DU, Cherry Creek, Stapleton, Lowry, etc.)
- * anyone can participate, but a solid base of 20-25 miles/week is recommended due to the intensity of the program
- * If you are a member of Runner's Edge and are following a training schedule, the schedule of details for each speed workout will REPLACE normally scheduled Tuesday mileage. The workouts will synch with your training plan so that you will get the correct amount of distance/intensity that you need.
WHAT DO I BRING?
- * hydrapouch or water bottle
- * dry shirt for post-workout (you WILL sweat!)
- * a CAN DO attitude!
Interested in getting signed up? Become a member today!