Want to add some adventure to your running?
Consider Runner's Edge of the Rockies' Trail Runs!
With the explosive popularity of trail races among our members, such as the Leadville 100 and the Bear Chase, we now organize group trail runs along the front range twice each week. Unlike our Saturday group runs which are on marked courses with aid stations and sub-divided by pace groups, we keep our trail runs low key. And that's pretty consistent with the nature of trail running - just jump on a trail and head out for a scenic run!
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE? Trail runs are for anyone who:
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
- ...is a runner or hiker of any ability
- ...is interested in a group run on some of the front range's beautiful, local trails.
- ...wants to enjoy a challenging, adventurous run in a group setting.
- ...is seeking to add variety in terrain to their running.
- * Trail runs take place on Thursday evenings at 6pm (start time varies due to sunlight/time of year). Occasionally we coordinate Sunday morning trail runs as well.
- * Runs are usually 6-8 miles on Thursday evenings, and a bit longer (8-10) when we run on Sundays.
- * During the Winter and early Spring Training Sessions (Nov-Feb), we will not run on Thursday evenings (due to lack of daylight) and will try to line up some Sunday trail runs, depending on weather and trail conditions.
- * Trail runs are lead by one of our experienced ultra trail runners.
- * Trail runs are FREE for members! Drop in anytime!
- * Members will receive weekly emails about location and specifics of each run.
- * We start slow/easy and then everyone can settle into their own comfortable pace from there. Typically for these runs 1-2 dozen Runner's Edge members attend, but have had over 50 in at a few.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO EACH TRAIL RUN?
- * Hydration of choice (water, Gatorade, etc.)
- * Fuel of choice (gu, shot bloks, etc.)
- * A great attitude
Interested in putting some adventure into your running? Become a member today!